Music Hall’s office is closed today. I spent my day:
- Submitting poetry for publication/contests
- Editing a few still-not-there poems
- Finishing an anthology of Wisława Szymborska's work I've been reading for a month now
- Working up a pizza dough for dinner— this dough is the only thing I’ve ever “cooked” that has received rave reviews from Dan, if that tells you how bad I am in the kitchen
- Listening (while cooking) to the audiobook of Toni Morrison’s Home
- Looking up recipes for a new dessert I want to try tonight if I don’t poison us with my pizza dough
You know, when I started writing this post it was going to be about how I sat on my ass all day* and didn’t do anything, but maybe that’s not a bad day’s work.
*I have less than 1,000 steps on my Fitbit. Which makes me feel ill.